KAIPTC Disarmament, Demobilisation and Reintegration Foundation (DDRF) Course
Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre’s (KAIPTC) Disarmament Demobilisation and Reintegration Foundation (DDRF) Course, through building practical and theoretical skills, aims at enhancing the capacity and effectiveness of UN, Regional,… Read More »KAIPTC Disarmament, Demobilisation and Reintegration Foundation (DDRF) Course
February 6, 2023 – February 17, 2023
Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre’s (KAIPTC) Disarmament Demobilisation and Reintegration Foundation (DDRF) Course, through building practical and theoretical skills, aims at enhancing the capacity and effectiveness of UN, Regional, Sub-regional, National and other institutions to perform peace operations by providing participants with a comprehensive, conceptual and operational level understanding of the principles, procedures and up to date practices and new trends involved in the planning, coordination and conduct of DDR programmes and DDR related tools.
|Course Date/Duration||06 – 17 February 2023|
|Course Capacity||25 participants|
|Target Group||1. Military, Police and Civilian mission staff involved directly or indirectly or seeking deployment with DDR programmes|
2. Researchers in the area of DDR and broader peace building
3. Other groups supported by client organizations: DPO, UNDP and other UN agencies and their field offices; National DDR Commissions and MDA’s; ECOWAS/AU; Multilateral agencies; World Bank; INGO’s, NGO’s, CBO’s and Academic Institutions
|Course Language||English with French interpretation will be used for facilitation throughout the course|
|Application Deadline||09 December 2022|
|Category||Peace Support Operations|
Terms and Conditions:
- Participants will be required to pay a commitment fee of $700.00 for the course. Participants are to note this is a non-refundable fee.
- Each participant will be required to take care of his or her travel expenses.
- Participants shall show proof of medical and travel insurance (covering covid-19) cover for duration of training in Ghana.
- KAIPTC will be responsible for participants’ accommodation and feeding for the duration of course.
- Individuals involved directly or indirectly with DDR programmes;
- Individuals intending to seek deployment in DDR;
- Military, Police and Civilian mission staff;
- Researchers in the area of DDR and broader peace building;
- Other groups supported by client organizations;
- DPO, UNDP and other UN agencies and their field offices;
- National DDR Commissions and MDA’s;
- Multilateral agencies; World Bank, EU;
- INGO’s, NGO’s, CBO’s and Academic Institutions;
- Understand the concepts, policies, strategies of DDR;
- Identify the components, activities and other issues related to DDR;
- Identify the different actors and institutions involved in DDR;
- Recognize how DDR programmes and DDR related tools are planned and implemented;
- Demonstrate practical skills necessary when working on DDR;
- Understand how DDR can be adapted to new environments and contexts.
In addition to the KAIPTC corporate eligibility criteria, priority would be given to:
- Operational/mid-level personnel;
- Participants who have at least 6 months’ experience working on DDR;
- programmes or other related areas;
- Participants from countries about to embark on DDR;
The course aims to enhance participant’s knowledge and skills in the application of best practices in DDR through knowledge, skills and attitude in the following modules;
- Introduction to DDR, Legal and Policy Frameworks;
- Planning for DDR;
- Structures and Operations
- Support to DDR;
- Cross Cutting Issues.
The training will be hosted in beautiful, sunny Accra, Ghana at KAIPTC. It is located on the Teshie road, with an amazing view of the Gulf of Guinea. It also boasts a neat and serene environment that is suited for its trainings activities.
Points of Contact
For more information please refer to the KAIPTC website
Read more and apply via the link below