Frida Lundström is a DDR Desk Officer at the Folke Bernadotte Academy (FBA), the Swedish government agency for peace, security and development.
She has been working with the Swedish bilateral cooperation development strategy for DRC for five years and has also developed a DDR course focusing on Youth and Children. Frida has previous experience from the United Nations Inter-Agency Working Group (IAWG) on DDR in New York.
She holds a master’s degree in human rights and a master’s degree in political Science, specializing in Peace and Conflict Studies, as well as studies on gender.
- Armed conflict (causes, dynamics, prevention)
- Armed groups
- Armed groups and armed conflict
- Children and DDR
- DDR planning
- DDR processes, programming and support
- Demobilization and reinsertion
- Legal and normative frameworks for DDR
- Regional and subregional actors in DDR
- The United Nations and DDR
- Women, gender and DDR
- Youth and DDR