Dr. Claudia Breitung is a senior researcher at the Bonn International Centre for Conflict Studies (BICC).
Since 2011, Claudia Breitung has worked for the BICC in various capacities (technical advisor, project manager) with a focus on DDR and weapons and ammunition management (WAM). She is currently managing one of BICC’s DDR-focused advisory projects.
Before joining BICC, she was a research assistant at the Institute of Sociology at the University of Duisburg-Essen. For the Institute for Development and Peace (INEF) she conducted research on development cooperation in post-conflict situations.
Her Ph.D. thesis focused on organisational behaviour of humanitarian agencies in their interaction with rebel groups.
To read more about Claudia Breitung, kindly visit: https://www.bicc.de/about/staff/staffmember/member/17-breitung/
- Armed conflict (causes, dynamics, prevention)
- Armed groups and armed conflict
- Community violence reduction
- DDR planning
- DDR processes, programming and support
- Demobilization and reinsertion
- Disarmament and weapons and ammunition management
- National and local ownership
- Security sector reform and DDR
- The United Nations and DDR